I am the queen of multi tasking. I love to squeeze in a little exercise each day and I don't mind a little TV. My current obession is 'The Walking Dead'. So I can do these 10 exercises in my lounge room while watching one episode.
I like to start with a warm up run on the treadmill. Running on the spot or skipping are both great too. Try for 10 minutes and have a little stretch when you finish.
1. Squats. Stand straight with your legs shoulder width apart. Hold your arms out parallel to the floor, bend your knees and slowly lower your bottom just like you are about to sit on the loo. Then slowly rise. Repeat x 15
2. Side leg raises. Standing straight again. Hold onto a chair for balance if you like. Image a straight line through your head down your body and through your support leg. Slowly raise the other leg directly out to the side. Don't point your toe or move any other part of your body but you can bend your support leg slightly. Only raise your leg about 30cm and hold for 1 second before lowering. Repeat x 15 then change legs.
3. Push ups. You know your level. Either on your knees or toes. Keep your back and neck straight. If you find these too hard you can start by doing a standing one against a wall and work yourself up to the doing floor push ups.
4. Triceps dips. Use the edge of the lounge or a dining room chair for tricep dips. Face away from the bench and place your arms shoulder width apart. Keep your back close to the bench, arms straight legs slightly infront with knees bent. Slowly bend and lower your body towards the floor. Then rise again. repeat x 15
5. Plank hold. Similar to planking. On your toes and elbows. Keep your body straight from your ears to toes, no sagging. Elbows under your shoulders and hold for as long as you can.
7. Wall sits. Lean your back against the wall and then slide down until your thighs are parallel to the ground and your calves are at a right angle to the ground. Then hold that position until you can't hold it anymore. If this is too easy. Hold you arms up straight above your head.
8. Walking lunges. Step lung, step lunge, etc etc. Nice and steady. Keep your back straight. 40 steps. If you don't have the space, then just do it on the spot.
9. Step ups. You can use your stairs or even a stable chair or coffee table. Stability is important. Step up, step down. 10 times on each leg.
10. Star jumps x 20. It could be worse - I could have suggested burpees.
Rest for 2 mins (or put on a load of washing) and do it all again, twice more if possible.
If you have some weights - or cans there are many other exercises too.
Landside - Dixie Chicks
Pink - There you go
One More Night - Maroon 5
Sk8er Boi - Avril Lavigne
Wings - Little Mix
Jai Ho - Ar Rahman & The Pussycat Dolls
Die Young - Kei$ha
Black and Gold - Sam Sparro
Case of the Ex - Mya
She Wolf - David Guetta
Have a great week!