- You will survive heartbreak. There will be moments your heart hurts so much and you are certain it's about to explode through your chest. It's better to feel than to be scared of it;
- Always be the better person. I don't mean like a competition, but always try to do the most you can do. Then you will feel confident in your decision to walk away and never look back;
- It's okay to be honest and say 'No'. Don't be a 'Yes' girl.
- Be charitable. In small ways and big ways. It feels good to give and it means so much to the people you are helping;
- Never, ever settle. It is way better to be by yourself than with someone that's not good enough;
- Never confuse being alone with loneliness. Embrace your alone time. The silence is magical and it's wonderful to enjoy those moments;
- People make mistakes, you will make mistakes and other people will make mistakes that hurt you. Don't let the mistake rule you. Don't let this change the person you are and react in a way you can be proud of;
- You are amazing, just the way you (Thanks Bruno Mars);
- Say things things that make you giggle; and
- When all else fails, come home and I'll make it better.
Monday, January 14, 2013
10 Things I'll tell my daughters...
I love my girls. I want them to grow up and be 50x better than I am. I want them to be filled with confidence, humour and a massive heart. I think they are already overtaking me in all these things. I was a dumb arse growing up. I'm pretty certain it took the passing of my dad and then children to turn me half decent but here are 10 things I would tell my daughters...