Make it easy for people to find you.
After publishing a post these are the steps I take to help people find it:
1. Minimise the URL in Bitly and tweet it from there
2. Use the new URL to add tweets to Buffer for later in the day
3. Share the post on my blog Facebook page
4. Add it to a linky party if relevant
5. Mention it on Instagram
6. If I have reviewed a product or event. I'll email the necessary people with a
thank you and a copy of the link
7. If I have written about certain brands, I'll tweet them to make them aware of the
shout out, and
8. Share it on Pinterest. You need to make sure your post has a photo to do this.
If no-one finds it after all this, I'll pour a coffee, ponder and start all over again.
What steps do you take to help people discover your blog?
PS: Also, SEO helps with people discovering you via Google. This is more detailed and another post.